Gender selection is a treatment option offered by North Cyprus IVF Center, which makes it possible for patients to select the sex of their unborn baby before pregnancy. Some patients would like to select the sex of their next child purely for family balancing purposes while other patients opt for sex selection as a way of reducing the likelihood of a sex-linked disease in their offspring. Regardless of your reason, gender selection is legally offered in Cyprus by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Savas Ozyigit and his experienced team.
While there are a few alternative methods for gender selection at North Cyprus IVF Center, one of the methods has become very popular among younger couples due to its non-invasive nature. MicroSort IUI offers couples the ability to become pregnant with a baby of certain sex without any invasive methods used in IVF treatments.
MicroSort, which is a patented sperm selection technology, is only available at North Cyprus IVF Center in all of Europe and the Middle Eastern region. This technology allows us to separate X and Y bearing cells in a sperm sample. Once the desired sperm cells are separated, they are injected intra-uterine for pregnancy to occur. Below are some of the frequently asked questions about this method of gender selection:
– What is the percentage success rate of pregnancy following MicroSort and Artificial Insemination (AI) only? Success with IUI (same as AI) is lower than IVF protocols. In younger age brackets, success on the first attempt with IUI is around 30-32%. For some people, the low success rate is offset by the fact that IUI is a non-invasive procedure and the fact that it’s cheaper. However, some patients care more about the likelihood of success on the first attempt, so they opt for IVF instead. This is something that you would need to decide for yourself, but we are here to equip you with the necessary information so that you can make that decision.
– What is the percentage chance of having a girl with Microsort? MicroSort has a 90% accuracy rate for selection of sperm cells bearing X cells (girls). Therefore, if you are pregnant after the IUI procedure, there will be a 90% chance that your child will be a girl. The accuracy of selection of a baby boy is around 75%.
– What is the percentage chance of having twins? Not likely with IUI, but it has happened before. It would probably be less than 3% given that IUI cycles are well-monitored and the ovaries are only very mildly stimulated.
– What is the name of the medication I will need to take and what does it do? We usually prescribe a low dosage Gonal-F, which is an FSH supplementation. It contains the hormone FSH, which is normally released by the pituitary gland located in your brain- triggered by follicle development. So we would try and mimic the natural physiology of reproductive events and supplement you with the hormones externally in order to get your ovaries to recruit more follicles for growth. That way, we can increase the chances of sperm fertilizing an egg.
– What happens if I don’t take it? If you don’t take any medication, we can still work with your natural cycle and use the one egg that will be released by the ovaries. Since you will only have the one egg, we will only have that one egg to work with, so that will reduce the likelihood of success, but it is possible to get a pregnancy after a natural cycle as we have had many patients in such cases. But if you ask us, using a mild medication protocol will increase your chances.
– When do I need to take it? And for how long? We would give you a treatment protocol which will specify everything in detail.
– How much does it cost? The cost is 2,800 Euros for MicroSort IUI.
For more information about our gender selection program and different treatment options suited for different patient groups, please visit our “Gender Selection at North Cyprus IVF Center” link.